Independent Normal Random Number Generator
Location in Objects Pane
- Methods > Random Number Generator > Independent Normal
- Name of the object in Rt
- Allowable characters are upper-case and lower-case letters, numbers, and underscore (“_”).
- The name is unique and case-sensitive.
- Determines the start point to generate random numbers that can either be mean, origin or current value.
- Standard deviation which is typically set as 1.
- Determines the number used to initialize a pseudorandom number generator.
- Matching seeds can generate matching sequences of non-repeating numbers.
- For more information, see James Gentle (2013).
- Indicates the transformer object which transforms random variables from original space to the standard normal space or vice versa.
- This object generates a sequence of independent random numbers from a normal distribution.
- Gentle, J. E. (2013). Random number generation and Monte Carlo methods. Springer Science & Business Media